14 August 2016

Gas leak leaves one dead, three injured in FRANCE:

One worker died and three others were hospitalised yesterday from toxic fumes while dismantling a ship in the French port of Brest.

The incident happened onboard the Captain Tsarev, a ship that had been abandoned by its owners eight years ago. The ship had been detained for a propulsion fault eight years ago, its owners then deciding to ditch the ship. In 2014, a fire broke out on the ship too and authorities then decided to engage a local ship recycling team to dismantle it.

Early reports suggest a carbon dioxide fire extinguisher started by accident. 38 firemen were deployed to the scene. The three men in hospital are expected to make a full recovery soon.

Source: splash24/7. 13 August 2016

No comments: