Eight workers became sick as they inhaled excessive carbon-dioxide gas when opening a gas cylinder at a ship breaking yard in Sitakunda upazila of Chittagong on Saturday.
Of the victims Imran Hossain and Abdul Wahidur were admitted to a local clinic.
Police said the workers at ARL Ship Breaking Limited mistakenly opened a gas cylinder in the engine room of a ship around 1:15pm.
Ritesh Mahmud, director of the yard, said they will bear all the cost of the workers' treatment.
Source: The Daily Star. 17 February 2013http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/index.php